Friday, October 3, 2008

Peer review or just plain fun!


I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Elizabeth Sonis' AVID classroom yesterday during 7th period. My observation was made possible by the efforts of Erik Jespersen with the encouragement of Mike Maghan, along with Liz Sonis' willingness to be observed. Erik covered my Algebra 2 class for about 40 minutes while I sat in. I love the energy of young teachers and varied techniques that I am able to witness when observing their lessons. The next few on my list of must see teachers will be Stephanie Lassiter ( new to McNary teaching math), and Dan Borreson (English). I plan to keep Jesperson busy!
Thanks again to Erik, Mike, and of course Liz for making this a worthwhile experience.
-LT

No comments:

Mr. Parker

Mr. Parker
Do you have students that may be interested in Mock Trial? Have them visit this friendly guy today!

Photos of an AVID class

Photos of an AVID class
Mrs. Sonis, Olson, Taveras, and Burlingame listen to Mr. Somerville teach the AVID students about the Socratic Seminar

Mrs. Taveras and Ms. Olson

Mrs. Taveras and Ms. Olson
Collaboration of two English Teachers

What should this blog be used for?